The benefits of coconut oil are seemingly countless, and practically constitute a lifestyle. We love to use it as a facial oil last thing at night, and awaken to a smoother, more porcelain-like complexion in the morning due to it’s moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are just a few of the known benefits:
- Added to foods (especially great to fry in), it can be used by the body immediately as fuel (like a carbohydrate) so is being consumed by athletes as a natural supplement in sports drinks. It also helps protect against heart disease.
- Anti-bacterial, antiviral and antifungal, coconut oil helps to kill bacteria, viruses and funguses in the body (there are too many to list!). It also kills the yeast that causes infections such as Candida, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, jock itch, diaper rash and others.
- It helps the digestive system by aiding digestion of fat soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids and is a helps those with irritable bowel syndrome.
- High in antioxidants which help prevent degenerative diseases, cancer and premature aging.
- It provides essential proteins needed for nourishing damaged hair and makes an excellent conditioner, hair oil, or massage oil for your scalp (preventing dandruff, hair lice, etc).
- An excellent massage oil or body moisturiser
- Can even be used as a mosquito repellent!!
Be sure to buy organic, virgin and cold pressed and use it, use it, use it to look and feel younger! This product can be obtained from some health food stores, www.amazon.co.uk, and we hope to offer it here in the very near future.