1. Dark chocolate, avocados and nuts all shift belly fat, reduce bloating and actively flatten tummies.
2. Replace your daily coffee with green or white tea. Coffee raises stress levels, i.e. cortisol, telling your body to increase fat in the deep belly area, so swapping it for green or white tea will sure work a treat.
3. It’s been proven that not getting enough sleep makes it hard to shift extra weight, so go to bed early and sleep well.
4. Chew each bite 10 times before swallowing and eat slowly to avoid swallowing air, both of which cause bloating.
5. Walk tall and engage your tummy muscles at all times, this will tone and slim your waist like nothing else.
6. Laughing also increases tummy muscle tone, so laugh long and often!
7. Practise the plank several times a day, hold for 15-30 seconds.
8. Drink water, try for 6-8 glasses of water during the day. Dehydration causes your body to hold onto water which leads to extra pounds around your middle.
9. Walking for 30 minutes per day trims and burns waistline fat efficiently.
10. Abdominal crunches daily will trim and tone your midsection forever. Start with 10-15 and work your way up. You won’t regret it!